So what next?

Keith Packard keithp at keithp.com
Fri Apr 9 06:21:02 EST 2004

Around 15 o'clock on Apr 8, Leon Shiman wrote:

> this proposal should be discussed on Monday's call. this is an important
> holiday week and weekend for many.

Egbert will be away on Monday as well, but we can certainly discuss the
topic.  I think we did generally agree that teleconferences would be a
forum for discussion but not resolution of contentious issues, so we'll
need to make sure the mailing list contains the substance of the debate so
that everyone can participate in the final decision.

I will say that once I realized we had a formal conflict resolution
body, if not yet a formal conflict resolution policy, my own concern about
the issue was greatly reduced, and that I will certainly support any
decision made through this process.

-keith