Policy issues etc.

Egbert Eich eich at pdx.freedesktop.org
Thu Apr 15 23:15:03 EST 2004

I've started to work on a policy for CVS access and tag names
and I've created a list containing all branch names we currently
have on the CVS. You can find this at:

http://wiki.x.org/DevelopersPages

The guidelines and policies are just a *draft*, derived from what has been
discussed on the mailing lists. Please review them and make suggestions,
correct bugs, typos etc.
We are seeing a bunch of branches and I'm beginning to loose track.
We have at least one branch that comes of the RELEASE-1 branch - although
this one should be closed. Several other tags and branches are around
that at least I don't know anything about.
To make sure we are all on the same page I've created the branch list.
Everyone who creates a new branch or tag is requested to add information
to this list.
Please complete the information for your presently existing branches.

Thanks,

	Egbert.