release naming and snapshot tagging

Kevin E Martin kem at freedesktop.org
Tue Aug 10 15:03:28 PDT 2004

This morning the X.Org BOD approved the X11R6.8 name and I have now
updated the code for a snapshot test release and tagged the tree.  These
snapshot tags (XORG-6_7_99_n where n is the snapshot number) are
intended for people testing the release and for people packaging the
release.  I expect there will be several snapshot tags as bugs are fixed
before the code freeze (scheduled for Friday).

I would like to ask people here to begin fully testing the release as
outlined on the release status wiki page:

    http://wiki.freedesktop.org/XOrg/XorgReleaseStatus

I will send a similar e-mail to the xorg at fdo mailing lists shortly with
more details of the testing procedure, etc.  I will also send an e-mail
to the xf_members at x.org list asking if they would assist with testing.

Thanks!