Code freeze and first release candidate tagged

Jim Gettys Jim.Gettys at
Mon Aug 16 17:16:42 PDT 2004

No, on Tru64, other compilers are used, as is for HP/UX, etc.
On some platforms, other C compilers have signficant performance
advantages at times.

We consider code that won't work on other compilers (of rational
behavior) a bug.
                          - Jim