Official protest against bug 1060 / was: Re: Away for a few days..

Fri Aug 20 17:35:04 PDT 2004

Roland Mainz wrote:
> I have nothing against turning off that people can disable the Xprint
> server side - but we are talking abiut the Xprint _client_ side
> extension library - a piece of code, 25kB on x86 and _mandatory_ for X11
> installations in these days. Sure, you can turn it off in your private
> build - with the result that lots of applications don't run.

It was not mandatory in previous X.Org releases, who has determined it
is now mandatory?  You say libXp is mandatory - others say libXaw is
deprecated - at some point we need to have people who want to make
proclamations like this come to the Architecture Board and put it to a
vote otherwise it's just anarchy.

	-Alan Coopersmith-           alan.coopersmith at sun.com