Proposals for release delay and extending committers list
eta at lclark.edu
Mon Aug 23 16:36:55 PDT 2004
On Mon, 2004-08-23 at 10:56, Kevin E Martin wrote:
> I would like to send the following message (below the --cut here-- line)
> to the xorg at fdo list this evening. If anyone has any objections, please
> let me know today before 10pm EDT.
> Also, the delay brings up another subject: Adding more people to the
> list of people who can check in code during the code freeze. I could
> use some assistance as the number of bugs have increased (probably due
> to testing starting to pick up) and I'm still working out the problems
> with the X test suite results. In addition, I have two trips scheduled
> for early September, and I don't want the release to be delayed while I
> am away.
> What do the other release wranglers think about this proposal?
I would be interested in being allowed to check in code during freeze.
Right now, #1138, #1156, and #1157 are in my sights, as well as a bug I
think I noticed yesterday in the render acceleration along the same
lines as #1157.
Eric Anholt eta at lclark.edu
http://people.freebsd.org/~anholt/ anholt at FreeBSD.org
More information about the release-wranglers