Xorg RC3: Undefined symbol "KEYBOARD"

Kristian Høgsberg krh at bitplanet.net
Sat Aug 28 15:13:03 PDT 2004

Alan Coopersmith wrote:
> Built RC3 on Solaris/sparc - 2 of 3 the three builds passed,
> but the LoadableServer NO build failed with this error when
> trying to link Xorg:

> KEYBOARD ../../programs/Xserver/hw/xfree86/input/drvConf.o
>
> Anyone seen this before or can suggest where to look to find
> where this symbol should be coming from and why it's not being
> built?
This is triggered by the combination of UseDeprecatedKeyboardDriver YES
and LoadableServer NO: the KEYBOARD struct in input/keyboard/kbd.c is
only defined when UseDeprecatedKeyboardDriver is NO but it is always
included in the generated file drvConf.c because it's the name of the
input/keyboard directory.  My suggestion is to just always define the
KEYBOARD struct.  When the old driver is used there will be two structs
in the array in drvConf.c with .driverName="keyboard", but the old
driver will be first in the list and take precedence.

Patch attached.

Kristian