[Mesa3d-dev] Re: Notes from the 2004-12-03 release-wranglers call...

Dave Airlie airlied at linux.ie
Fri Dec 3 23:12:16 PST 2004

> Mesa folks, if there's any bugfixes in HEAD that should be applied to the 6.2
> branch, this should happen soon.  I'd suggest a 6.2.1 tag once any further
> fixes are in, and then I'd merge that.

We've never really done stable DRI drivers in the mesa tree, I'm a bit
worried that the drivers that went out with 6.8 weren't exactly top notch,
the radeons fought with render and the i810 wasn't very stable, and that
we suffer something similiar again...

of course it is really up to the distro makers to probably do the
stabilisation as they may have hardware for doing some regression testing
on, or even a QA dept. I know for me to test the i810 I really have to
know something is broken as my i810 board sits off network 90% of the
time..

Dave.

--
David Airlie, Software Engineer
http://www.skynet.ie/~airlied / airlied at skynet.ie
pam_smb / Linux DECstation / Linux VAX / ILUG person