X.Org Foundation release plan [draft]

Stuart Kreitman Stuart.Kreitman at Sun.COM
Fri Jul 16 09:05:09 PDT 2004

Eric Anholt wrote:

>On Fri, 2004-07-16 at 08:30, Stuart Kreitman wrote:
>

>>Kevin:
>>
>>I believe you should enter:
>>
>>Stuart Kreitman:
>>- integration of Composite to DAMAGE-XFIXES branch
>>- update XEVIE to 1.1
>>- update of D-X branch to head and finally into head
>>

>I don't see any need to update D-X branch to head.  I don't expect that
>there would be any conflicts with merging it from the branch as-is, or I
>can merge it from one of my composite integration trees.

motivated by fear of breaking head or being broken by head. I have
background work in xevie and composite
which are needed in their own rightby otheres, but always open to
suggestions.

>I mean writing a generic wrapper for Composite that doesn't require any
>knowledge of Composite by the DDX, which is needed for nvidia support.
>I understand Sun had already done this work, but getting that from them
>was turning out to be hard from what I understand, so I'm implementing

"them" is me and Deron Johnson. the only problem in getting the bits is
my schedule. Anyway, let's not duplicate effort.

please talk to deron.johnson at sun.com (LG developer)