Minutes from July 16 Release Wranglers call

Keith Packard keithp at keithp.com
Mon Jul 19 11:17:16 PDT 2004

Around 11 o'clock on Jul 19, Torrey Lyons wrote:

> I see. For compatibility with future clients that require Composite,
> we eventually will want to provide Composite with XDarwin DDX using
> Mac OS X's built in backing buffers.

I think what we want to do is figure out how to merge the rootless and
composite code so that your rootless X server appears to have Composite
already enabled for all top-level windows (as if a RedirectSubwindows with
Automatic update had been executed).

I don't think this is a huge amount of work; they're both doing
essentially the same work.

-keith