items for monday's call

Kevin E Martin kem at freedesktop.org
Sun Jul 25 23:37:15 PDT 2004

The plan from the last meeting was to have a release wranglers call on
the Monday following OLS (26 Jul 2004).  I haven't seen the call info
yet, but I'm guessing that Jim is on his way back from Ottawa and either
he or Paul will post the call info shortly.

I have the following items for the call:

* Update on proposed and work-in-progress features
* Need features/bugs added to bugzilla for tracking release dependencies
* Present success criteria:
  - Initial plan presented at OLS
  - Need additional info on what OS/Arch/Distro's are supported (see
    below for initial list)
  - Need volunteers for testing each OS/Arch/Distro

The initial OS/Arch/Distro list is below.  I've added the ones that I
know about but many others exist that are supported.  Please respond to
this e-mail to fill in other OS/Arch/Distro's that should be supported
by this release or any missing/incorrect info.

Linux        IA-32        Debian (unstable, 3.0, others?)
Linux        IA-32        Red Hat (9, FC1, FC2, RHEL3)
Linux        IA-32        SUSE (9.1, others?)
Linux        IA-64        Debian (unstable, 3.0)
Linux        IA-64        Red Hat RHEL3
Linux        IA-64        SUSE (9.1, others?)
Linux        AMD64/EM64T  Debian (unstable, others?)
Linux        AMD64/EM64T  Red Hat (FC2, RHEL3)
Linux        AMD64/EM64T  SUSE (9.1, others?)
Linux        ?            Debian (releases?)
Linux        ?            Red Hat (releases?)
Linux        ?            SUSE (releases?)

AIX          ?
Cygwin       ?
FreeBSD      ?
HP/UX        ?
IRIX         ?
MacOS        ?
NetBSD       ?
OpenBSD      ?
SCO          ?
Solaris      ?

We have the following .cf files that have not changed for several years
and I don't know their status.  I suspect that several are still active,
so if people support any of them, please add the OS/Arch/Distro info
above.

Amoeba.cf, apollo.cf, bsdi.cf, convex,cf, cray.cf, DGUX.cf, fujitsu.cf,
isc.cf, luna.cf, lynx.cf, mach.cf, macII.cf, minix.cf, Mips.cf, moto.cf,
ncr.cf, nto.cf, Oki.cf, os2.cf, osf1.cf, pegasus.cf, QNX4.cf,
sequent.cf, sony.cf, svr3.cf, svr4.cf, ultrix.cf, usl.cf