Call today

Daniel Stone daniel at freedesktop.org
Sat Jun 19 00:43:55 PDT 2004

On Fri, Jun 18, 2004 at 06:21:04PM -0700, Eric Anholt wrote:
> On Fri, 2004-06-18 at 06:18, Jim Gettys wrote:
> > Please send agenda items.
> >
> > Note that I won't be able to host these calls after
> > today for the next 4 weeks due to travel and/or vacation.
> >
> > Call Friday, 11:00EST, 8:00PST, 5:00PM CET
> >
> > Access numbers:
> >   1-866-639-4713 (toll free)
> >   1-574-948-0365 (toll)
> > Passcode: 5517683
> >
> > Agenda:
> > Status
> > 20th anniversary
>
> Could we get these announcements significantly beforehand?  Those of us
> in the "8:00PST" group tend to be asleep when it happens.
>
> (still hoping for some sort of minutes from these calls)

They happen every Friday at the relevant time. I learnt this after a few
weeks of going to sleep before thea nnouncements happened; now I know
they happen every Friday,and I've turned nocrutnal anyway.

Sorry about the typing - I can't go back and fix anything, given I'm on
a wifi link that spans 4km[0] to a really laggy modem.

:) d

[0]: Interestingly, the retransmit time is about 10ms per default; do
     some quick back-of-the-envelope calculations involving the speed of
     light to see how well that works with 4km links. ;)

--
Daniel Stone                                            <daniel at freedesktop.org>
freedesktop.org: powering your desktop                http://www.freedesktop.org