RFC: What to do with the stale/buggy Xft/Xrender in the tree.

Stuart Anderson release-wranglers@freedesktop.org
Tue, 2 Mar 2004 10:34:00 -0500 (EST)

On Mon, 1 Mar 2004, Keith Packard wrote:

> Libtool has mystic semantics for version numbers on a variety of systems.
> This makes it difficult to ensure that .so version numbers will match
> between imake and libtool.  I had code added to libtool 1.5 to make it
> possible to ensure library version matches to two digits for the core X
> libraries (the --version-number flag).  I don't believe that provides much
> assurance about the third digit on various systems.
>
> The
> released versions all have third digits which should make them preferred
> on Linux systems.

How does this impact a distros ability to provide LSB conformance?

                                Stuart

Stuart R. Anderson                               anderson@netsweng.com
Network & Software Engineering                   http://www.netsweng.com/
1024D/37A79149:                                  0791 D3B8 9A4C 2CDC A31F
                                                 BD03 0A62 E534 37A7 9149