CVS access policy, branching/tagging, code review, etc.

Keith Packard release-wranglers@freedesktop.org
Tue, 02 Mar 2004 10:29:22 -0800

--==_Exmh_-1588506682P

Around 14 o'clock on Mar 2, Egbert Eich wrote:

> For releases there should be a release branch. This should be off
> limit for everyone except the people who are involved in the release
> process.

Hmm.  I'd rather see the release done on HEAD; otherwise, there's work to
be done to make HEAD current after the release, which seems error prone.

That presumes that most commits during a release process will be focused
on the release, which seems sensible for me, but may not be right for
everyone.

Perhaps a 'shared' branch could be formed for people who want to ignore
the release and just keep working?

-keith

--==_Exmh_-1588506682P

--==_Exmh_-1588506682P--