RFC: What to do with the stale/buggy Xft/Xrender in the tree.

Stuart Anderson release-wranglers@freedesktop.org
Tue, 2 Mar 2004 13:49:12 -0500 (EST)

On Tue, 2 Mar 2004, Keith Packard wrote:

> > How does this impact a distros ability to provide LSB conformance?
>
> I'm not sure how these two relate; presumably a distro would not install
> the Xft/Xrender libraries from the X.org tree.

Well, for Xft/Xrender, this is not yet an issue, but I meant to ask this
in a more general sense. What version is being used for libX11, libSM, etc.
I think I saw a 3 part version on them when I last built them (a week or
two ago so I'm getting fuzzy). If the version on libX11, etc has changed,
this might be an issue for the distros.

                                Stuart

Stuart R. Anderson                               anderson@netsweng.com
Network & Software Engineering                   http://www.netsweng.com/
1024D/37A79149:                                  0791 D3B8 9A4C 2CDC A31F
                                                 BD03 0A62 E534 37A7 9149