RFC: What to do with the stale/buggy Xft/Xrender in the tree.

Stuart Anderson release-wranglers@freedesktop.org
Tue, 2 Mar 2004 13:54:06 -0500 (EST)

On Tue, 2 Mar 2004, Kaleb S. KEITHLEY wrote:

> >>I'm not sure how these two relate; presumably a distro would not install
> >>the Xft/Xrender libraries from the X.org tree.
> >

> > Well, for Xft/Xrender, this is not yet an issue, but I meant to ask this
> > in a more general sense. What version is being used for libX11, libSM, etc.
> > I think I saw a 3 part version on them when I last built them (a week or
> > two ago so I'm getting fuzzy). If the version on libX11, etc has changed,
> > this might be an issue for the distros.
>
> Right now everything should be exactly the same as XFree86.

Even in the modular trees?

                                Stuart

Stuart R. Anderson                               anderson@netsweng.com
Network & Software Engineering                   http://www.netsweng.com/
1024D/37A79149:                                  0791 D3B8 9A4C 2CDC A31F
                                                 BD03 0A62 E534 37A7 9149