X.Org Foundation - Release Wranglers Call - 3rd March - Minutes

Michel Dänzer release-wranglers@freedesktop.org
Wed Mar 3 22:37:20 PST 2004

On Wed, 2004-03-03 at 21:18, Mike A. Harris wrote:
> On Wed, 3 Mar 2004, Howard Greenwell wrote:
>
> >John says seems to be a lot of DRI support sources around. Egbert says
> >official one is now on freedesktop. John says kernel people thing different
> >- should be the bitkeeper implementation, and divergence. Jim suggested
> >Alan Cox is the right person to speak with.
>
> Alan is wrong.  DRI is not Linux specific, so maintaining the DRM
> in the Linux kernel is Linux specific.  Not that I'm opposed to
> that mind you, but the DRI Project's own goals are not to be
> Linux specific, and so their repository is the official
> repository despite what Linux kernel hackers might like to
> believe.
>
> If anyone is to be declaring an alternate CVS repository as "the
> official DRM", it would seem to me that the DRI project should be
> the people to decide that.

Absolutely. Also, what's wrong with just asking on the dri-devel and/or
mesa3d-dev mailing lists (both @lists.sf.net) about DRI/Mesa issues?
*shrug*

There's also glean (http://glean.sourceforge.net/).