[Xorg-commit] CVS Update: xc (branch: XORG-CURRENT)

Mike A. Harris release-wranglers@freedesktop.org
Thu Mar 4 05:40:00 PST 2004

On Wed, 3 Mar 2004, Kaleb Keithley wrote:

>Date: Wed, 03 Mar 2004 13:49:58 -0800
>From: Kaleb Keithley <xorg-commit@pdx.freedesktop.org>
>To: xorg-commit@pdx.freedesktop.org
>Subject: [Xorg-commit] CVS Update: xc (branch: XORG-CURRENT)
>
>CVSROOT:	/cvs/xorg
>Module name:	xc
>Changes by:	kaleb@pdx.	04/03/03 13:49:58
>
>Log message:
>  bug #265
>  sync with fd.o xlibs version of the fix XFree86 made to their XlibInt.c,
>  3.37 (4.3.99.5)

Just an observation..  Whenever we are bringing fixes into the
tree, I think the proper thing to do is to credit the actual
author of each fix explicitly in order to give appropriate
credit.  Only if the author of a fix is not easily obtainable
should vaguer forms of creditation be used.

I'm not sure who the author of the above commit was, but I just
wanted to make note of this because creditation issues seem to be
at least part of the reason for the recent XFree86 license
change, and I feel it is very important that everyone be given
proper credit for their contributions wherever that is easily
doable.