tinderbox information.

John Dennis release-wranglers@freedesktop.org
Tue Mar 9 17:50:47 PST 2004

On Tue, 2004-03-09 at 13:06, Egbert Eich wrote:
> I'm still trying to understand the build that takes place in
> tinderbox. It looks like it checks out pieces of the tree
> and does a 'make -k'.
> This has two disadvantages:
> 1. It doesn't stop on the problem, therefore the area
>    where the problem happened is not easy to spot.

The idea is that ALL errors should be logged, this makes it easier to
fix everything at once. Otherwise you would have to fix the first
problem, checkin, rebuild, and repeat the cycle. I'm not sure why you
say the area where the problem happened is not easy to spot.

> 2. The Makefiles don't get rebuild. If something was
>    changed within an Imakefile or config file it will
>    not show up in the logs.

It will on a "clobber build", perhaps it should clobber more often. Or
perhaps on a non-clobber it should start out with a

make Makefile
make Makefiles
make depdend
make include