tinderbox information.

John Dennis release-wranglers@freedesktop.org
Tue Mar 9 20:47:17 PST 2004

On Tue, 2004-03-09 at 14:46, Jim Gettys wrote:
> Hmmm... my test for a failed build is buggy.  I'll go fix...
>
> Sorry for having the tinderbox cry wolf.

Jim, when we worked on this last week I changed the succeed/fail test
from grepping the log file to checking the error status. I see you
changed it back. Why?

I don't think grepping is a very robust method, first of all you can
have all sorts of failures, not just those that output a known string,
second, you've tied the script to a hard coded file, and we tried to
eliminate all hard coded files, third, if you are going to grep the log
file you should be getting the file path name from the upper control
structure, otherwise you might not be looking at the right file and it
prevents multiple simultaneous builds, another goal we had.

Why change the test?