Depending on external libraries

Keith Packard release-wranglers@freedesktop.org
Thu Mar 11 22:22:15 PST 2004

--==_Exmh_-2070979401P

Around 21 o'clock on Mar 11, Egbert Eich wrote:

> A way around this problem would be to install a new version of libfreetype
> alongside the other driver modules and make dlopen look there before
> looking at the standard locations for shared libs.

In the near term, I suggest we not worry too much about it.  The server
will not have font modules for long as FreeType is now the only font file
loader we need (XTT has been integrated into FreeType); the need to
select between FreeType and XTT has been eliminated.

But, if we do need this kind of functionality, we could hack the code to
set LD_LIBRARY_PATH or prepend directory names to libraries.

-keith

--==_Exmh_-2070979401P

--==_Exmh_-2070979401P--