Depending on external libraries

Alan Coopersmith
Thu Mar 11 22:33:25 PST 2004

Keith Packard wrote:
> In the near term, I suggest we not worry too much about it.  The server
> will not have font modules for long as FreeType is now the only font file
> loader we need (XTT has been integrated into FreeType); the need to
> select between FreeType and XTT has been eliminated.

That would seem a step backwards - just because you no longer need any other
font loader doesn't mean no one else will.  A company issuing an X release
may want to load in a proprietary font rasterizer other than freetype.

	-Alan Coopersmith-
	 Sun Microsystems, Inc. -- Operating Platforms Group
	 Solaris x86 & Interface Technology: X Window System