xc/lib/font/FreeType/ in "XORG-RELEASE-1"-branch differs from Xfree86 trunk...

Keith Packard release-wranglers@freedesktop.org
Sat Mar 13 23:20:21 PST 2004

--==_Exmh_-1588752300P

Around 23 o'clock on Mar 13, Roland Mainz wrote:

-               TT_Size tt_size = (TT_Size)instance->size;
-               if( !( !(instance->load_flags & FT_LOAD_NO_BITMAP)
-                      && tt_size->strike_index != 0xFFFFU ) )
correct=1;
+               if((instance->load_flags & FT_LOAD_NO_BITMAP)
+                  || (face->face->face_flags &
FT_FACE_FLAG_FIXED_SIZES) == 0)
+                   correct=1;

> Does anyone know who introduced this difference - and why ?

TT_Size is defined in a private FreeType header file; it's not a public
data type, so the original code was non-portable.  So, it won't
compile unless you manage to have the full source code for the correct
version of FreeType available while compiling X.

I know the test isn't as good as the old one, but the code in question is
only an optimization in any case.  I thought a bit about makin the test a
bit more accurate by actually loading a glyph and testing whether it was a
bitmap or outline, but I didn't get around to that.

Please feel free to suggest an alternate test, but do keep to the public
FreeType interfaces...

-keith

--==_Exmh_-1588752300P

--==_Exmh_-1588752300P--