xc/lib/font/FreeType/ in "XORG-RELEASE-1"-branch differs from Xfree86 trunk...

Chisato Yamauchi release-wranglers@freedesktop.org
Sun Mar 14 12:12:38 PST 2004

From: Chisato Yamauchi <cyamauch@a.phys.nagoya-u.ac.jp>
Subject: Re: xc/lib/font/FreeType/ in "XORG-RELEASE-1"-branch differs from Xfree86 trunk...
Date: Sun, 14 Mar 2004 20:07:07 +0900 (JST)

>  - Your code checks that the font is non-scalabe(pcf or bdf).

  This was my misunderstanding.  If Both FT_FACE_FLAG_SCALABLE
and FT_FACE_FLAG_FIXED_SIZES are set, the font has embedded bitmap.

> +               if((instance->load_flags & FT_LOAD_NO_BITMAP)
> +                  || (face->face->face_flags &
> FT_FACE_FLAG_FIXED_SIZES) == 0)
> +                   correct=1;

  However, this code is destroying my intention.

  If the font has embedded-bitmap, FT_FACE_FLAG_FIXED_SIZES is
*always* set.  That is, in the case of a font with embedded-bitmap,
the `very Lazy' method is always disabled even if the font data
is outline.  Consequently, in the case of such a font, the display
of outline is not accelerated at all.  This is fatal in the CJK
environment.

  My code is not checking whether the font has embedded-bitmap.
  But my code is checking whether embedded-bitmap can be used
IN THE SIZE.

  Please restore the code.