TM, continued.

Keith Packard keithp at keithp.com
Fri Mar 19 16:50:42 PST 2004

Around 13 o'clock on Mar 19, Jim Gettys wrote:

> He suggests when we modify a file with the tags present that
> we modify it to say "Based on XFree86" and the rest of the CVS
> tag information.

To avoid possible problems in failing to do this, I suggest that we
change every tag in the system to

/* Based on $XFree86: ... $ */

We can easily automate that process and avoid future problems.

And, at the same time, we can add regular $Id: $ lines above that and make
sure our CVS tags are included.  Given a shared CVS repository, there's no
real need to use a custom tag any longer -- people who want to create a
private repository can deal with the problem themselves.

-keith