Testing whether Xlib threading support works in XORG-RELEASE-1branch...

Jim Gettys Jim.Gettys at hp.com
Wed Mar 24 07:58:10 PST 2004

I guess the answer is that little active testing gets done;
this is not a healthy state. My point is just that Mozilla is
intimidating enough to have inhibited its use in this area.

This may no longer be a viable concern, as mozilla's
release engineering has improved greatly and it can be built
by mere mortals these days.

When Keith and I were burned by it, it required a Netscape/mozilla
wizard, and our last experience
was frustrating and resulted in just determining that the
hang we were seeing was a Netscape bug, and that no one at
Netscape was interested in helping track that bug down at the time.

We can easily believe there are bugs....
                  - Jim

--
Jim Gettys <Jim.Gettys at hp.com>
HP Labs, Cambridge Research Laboratory