TM status

Keith Packard keithp at keithp.com
Sun Mar 28 00:23:33 PST 2004

After editing every .man page in sight, I re-ran my script to find
instances of 'xfree86' in the installed bits.  I changed the script a bit
to elide patterns with no matches and patterns which are "ok" to ship
(license, copyright, attribution, etc).  We're getting closer, here's what
remains unfixed (recall that these are patterns used to grep over the
output of lines containing 'xfree86' in all installed files).

	'include/xf86Parser':  1
	'lib/X11/config':  260
	'etc/xterm.term':  30
	'Standard key mapping for XFree86':  1
	'etc/Xinstall.sh':  14
	'lib/X11/XF86Config':  7
	'lib/X11/Options':  2
	'lib/X11/doc/LICENSE':  6
	'lib/X11/doc/README':  278
	'lib/X11/doc/BUILD':  50
	'lib/X11/doc/RELNOTES':  60
	'lib/X11/doc/Install':  28
	'lib/X11/doc/DESIGN':  30
	'lib/X11/doc/Versions':  17
	'lib/X11/doc/BugReport':  2
	'lib/X11/doc/VideoBoard98':  1
	'lib/X11/Cards':  2
	'lib/X11/getconfig':  2
	'modules/libxaa.a':  1
	'bin/mkfontscale':  2
	'bin/xdpyinfo':  2
	'bin/xfs':  1
	'bin/getconfig':  4
	'lib/X11/locale/zh_CN.UTF-8':  1
	'etc/X11/xkb':  170

I'll be investigating all of the bin problems; I know jg is working on the
docs, but it may be that he could use a bit of help; they're certainly the
hardest part of the job.

-keith