BUILD description in the docs

Keith Packard keithp at keithp.com
Mon Mar 29 11:53:48 PST 2004

Around 19 o'clock on Mar 29, Egbert Eich wrote:

> Alternatively, if you already have a pristine copy of the X11R6.7.0 6.6.0
> source, you can download patches from ftp://ftp.x.org/pub/R6.7.0/fixes/ that
> will allow you to convert it to 6.7.0.  Information about which patch files
> to download and how to apply them can be found in the "How to get X11R6.7.0"
> section of the README for this release.

Oops.  The BUILD.sgml file is rather confusing and has several conditional
sections; looks like this one got included by mistake.

> I don't object to these names however please keep in mind that CVS tags
> must not contain '.'. I'll fix it.

Oh, thanks.  These tags are generated automatically in the .sgml files; I
think we can fix that somehow, perhaps there's a version of the relvers
symbol with the '.' replaced with '_' or '-'.

-keith