[branden@deadbeast.net: XFree86 CVS keyword problems]

Branden Robinson branden at deadbeast.net
Wed Mar 31 15:43:12 PST 2004

----- Forwarded message from Branden Robinson <branden at deadbeast.net> -----

From: Branden Robinson <branden at deadbeast.net>
To: freedesktop-release-wranglers
Subject: XFree86 CVS keyword problems
Date: Wed, 31 Mar 2004 18:39:41 -0500

Hi guys,

The following was recently brought to my attention:

  > btw, I've noticed that (haven't noticed any exceptions) the keywords and
  > associated dates for the files copies into fd.o are incorrect (usually the
  > keywords cite one version older than the file contents, a few are for older
  > dates).
  >
  > It would be nice if it were done correctly.

  Yeah, this is because stock CVS doesn't think a keyword can have digits
  in it.  So "XFree86" doesn't get recognized as one.

  A submitted a patch to Debian's cvs package a while back to fix this,
  but it hasn't propagated everywhere yet.

  http://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/bugreport.cgi?bug=163044&archive=yes

--
G. Branden Robinson            |      Lowery's Law:
Free Software Developer        |      If it jams -- force it.  If it

----- End forwarded message -----

--
G. Branden Robinson            |         Convictions are more dangerous
Free Software Developer        |         enemies of truth than lies.