Monday's r-w call notes

Kevin E Martin kem at freedesktop.org
Thu Feb 3 08:33:26 PST 2005

Here's a brief summary of what was discussed on Monday's call:

* We approved the remaining patches in the queue
* Roland will create a RC4 (which he has done now)
* After RC4, only documentation changes are allowed
* We need documentation updates
  - Deadline for doc updates was set at Friday (see comment below)
  - Most importantly, we need RELNOTES updates
* Kevin will update the SGML docs
  - Roland gave Kevin permission to check in the doc updates directly to
    the branch
* The release is expected to happen next Wednesday unless there are
  unforseen problems
* Leon will create a rough draft for a press release and circulate it on
  the r-w mailing list for comments
* Next call will be Monday, 07 Feb 2005 at the normal time

Since it took several days to get these announcements out, I think it is
reasonable that the documentation updates deadline be extended until
Monday.