Call Friday 14 Jan 2005

Matthieu Herrb matthieu.herrb@laas.fr
Fri Jan 14 04:53:57 PST 2005

Roland Mainz wrote:

> - I got feedback that Solaris/SPARC (with Sun Workshop/Forte 9),
> Linux/x86 (SuSE 8.2, tested myself), Linux/x86 Debian and AIX are
> building without problems. Missing platforms (e.g. no feedback yet)
> include IRIX, HP/UX, True64 and FreeBSD/OPenBSD/NetBSD

OpenBSD-current include 6.8.2-rc1 since it was released in december. It
builds and run without problems not already addressed (the most commonly
reported was the i830 breakage in bug #1844). I plan to update this to
rc2 later today or tomorrow.

There are a few local patches in OpenBSD that are not in X.Org, but
X.Org builds and works on at least the i386, amd64, alpha, macppc, sparc
and spard64 ports.

I don't plan to request merging of the remaining local changes into
6.8.2 (The biggest one is the privilege separation code, which I've not
yet ported to other OSes, most of the other changes are configuration
changes to adapt the default behaviour to the wishes of the other
OpenBSD developpers)

> - I didn't had time to setup gcc4.0 for testing whether this compiles or
> not - it would be nice if anyone who has gcc4.0 installed could try to
> compile the tree with that compiler version - IMHO the stable branch
> should build out-of-the-box with gcc4.0 before the final version gets
> tagged.
> - General feedback from testers seems to be quite good, several
> distributions already made packages from the sources (it would be nice
> if the download URLs (or links to download+install instructions) for the
> binary packages could be posted here that I can make a "download"
> page/readme/etc from that)

For OpenBSD it's in the snapshots available from
<ftp://www.openbsd.org/pub/OpenBSD/snapshots/>

--
Matthieu Herrb