Call Friday 14 Jan 2005

Alan Coopersmith Alan.Coopersmith@Sun.COM
Fri Jan 14 09:17:42 PST 2005

Roland Mainz wrote:
> - I got feedback that Solaris/SPARC (with Sun Workshop/Forte 9),
> Linux/x86 (SuSE 8.2, tested myself), Linux/x86 Debian and AIX are
> building without problems. Missing platforms (e.g. no feedback yet)
> include IRIX, HP/UX, True64 and FreeBSD/OPenBSD/NetBSD

I haven't had a chance yet to test the as-is rc2, but instead got it
dropped into our internal package builds (including the patches we've
made that haven't yet migrated upstream) and it builds fine there on
Solaris 10/SPARC with Sun Studio 9 compilers and Solaris 10/x86 with Sun
Studio 10.   (I had previously updated these to rc1, so migrating to rc2
mainly involved removing a few more patches from our builds for the fixes
that did go upstream for rc2.)   It seems to run fine on the one x86 machine
I've tested on, and was sent to our QA people yesterday for testing on a
wider range of hardware & configurations.

(Solaris 10/x86 will include the Xorg 6.8.0 server when it ships later this
  month - if all goes well with this testing, I'm working to get 6.8.2 into
  the first Solaris 10 update release, which should ship in a few months.)

Unfortunately, I can't make the packages available directly, but they should
appear in the 2/05 or 3/05 releases of Solaris Express.

--
	-Alan Coopersmith-           alan.coopersmith@sun.com