Please consider bug 2322 for inclusion in 6.8.2

Alan Coopersmith Alan.Coopersmith@Sun.COM
Tue Jan 18 17:34:34 PST 2005

Andy Ritger wrote:
> (apologies in advance if I'm not using the right procedure)

The official procedure is to go to the bug report, click on the
edit link next to the proposed patch in the attachment list, and
change the approval_X11R6.8.x pop-up menu from " " to "?".  (If
it's already set to something other than blank, it's already been
nominated (?), approved (+), or rejected (-).)

Of course mailing an explanation to release-wranglers as you did
is also good so we understand why the patch was nominated.

(Personally, I'd lean towards the minimal patch for 6.8.2 and the
  more aggressive patch for the next release, since it's much clearer
  what the minimal patch does and seems to be much less likely to
  introduce an unexpected bug this late in the 6.8.2 release cycle.
  I'm just one vote though, and would be willing to entertain discussion
  of the more invasive patch if someone more familiar with the PCI bus
  code than I am wanted to vouch for it's correctness.)

--
	-Alan Coopersmith-           alan.coopersmith@sun.com