Call Monday 24 Jan 2005

Daniel Stone daniel@fooishbar.org
Mon Jan 24 08:22:34 PST 2005

On Mon, Jan 24, 2005 at 08:11:59AM -0800, Alan Coopersmith wrote:
> Adam Jackson wrote:
> >Are you seriously suggesting disciplinary action for a change that appears
> >to have majority community support and that we have no established policy
> >for doing any other way?
>
> I don't know about what action should be taken, but I don't believe there is
> any sort of consensus or majority support for dismantling the monolithic
> tree, unless and until a plan is in place to get a working modular release
> going.   Destroying what we have without a replacement is just foolish.

Again, I would like to reiterate that, despite my intense dislike for the
current situation on more of a level than even just the security nightmare this
creates, *no* code was removed from the tree.  In fact, thanks to XRX, today has
actually been a net gain in terms of the amount of code in the monolithic tree:
the beast just got bigger.