[Roadster] Development?

Carl Worth cworth at cworth.org
Mon Jan 23 17:25:27 PST 2006

On Mon, 23 Jan 2006 16:09:41 -0500, Karl Bellve wrote:

> I am just wondering about the health of Roadster development.

I think it just got a fair bit healthier. Thanks for your involvement!

> One is the OpenStreetMap <http://www.openstreetmap.org/> and the other
> is MapServer Foundation <http://www.mapserverfoundation.org/>.

These both look quite interesting too me. I don't know if participants
for either are watching this list or if there has been any work on
integration with roadster yet.

> Anyone, I now have a new Nokia 770 and I am interested to see if I can
> port Roadster to it.

Sounds like that would be a great use, and it should be a good
 project.

> So, is Roadster moving forward and would it make sense to see how it can
> take advantage of the OpenStreetMap and MapServer foundation? All this
> relates to whether I should work on a port to the 770.

If you work on a port, then I think roadster will be moving forward by
definition. So, if this sounds like fun to you, then go for it!

-Carl (who hopes to start playing with roadster more after getting a
 new GPS unit for Christmas).