[SCIM] about scim_panel.h

liu spider liuspider at yahoo.com
Sat Apr 3 08:15:42 PST 2004

Hi,

One of Ark Linux developers is contacting me
discussing about scim-panel-kde.

Ark linux does not include Gtk2/Gnome2, so they choose
SCIM as their default input method (good news, isn't
it?), because he said all the other mature ones depend
on Gtk2.

The developer do not know CJK, and what he wants is to
incorporate CJK input support into Ark Linux.

I just commited a patch into CVS to correct a mistake:
X11 frontend no longer depends on gtk2.

Now, I just discover another potential problem: as
scim_panel.h won't be installed unless scim-panel-gtk
is compiled, meanwhile scim-panel-kde is also depend
on this header file.

So I think we should come up a solution for this.

My suggestion is just installing this header file no
matter whether scim-panel-gtk is compiled.

Any ideas?

Regards,
Cougar