[SCIM] scim v.s. gvim

Shixin Zeng shixinzeng at sjtu.edu.cn
Wed Apr 21 22:46:08 EST 2004

Hi,
It seems to me that gvim can't work with the current version scim(I
don't test the old version).
I've tried 0.9.3 and the cvs version.
The problem can be described like this: launch gvim, press 'Ctrl+Space'
to triger Chinese input method and type in some Chinese charactors. Then
press 'Ctrl+Space' to return English input mode and enter vim's commade
mode(via ':'). Just after typing ":", you would see
"SCIM: im_module_exit
SCIM: im_module_init"
from the console.
The biggest prolem is that I can't edit any tex file, I installed
vim-latexsuite. Once I
open a tex file. It output many lines of
"SCIM: im_module_exit
SCIM: im_module_init"
and I can't input any Chinese character.

PS:gvim --version
VIM - Vi IMproved 6.2 (2003 Jun 1, compiled Feb 18 2004 08:42:30)
Included patches: 1-270
OS: debian sid

Any help would be much appreicated!

Shixin Zeng