[SCIM] Newbie question: scim::FrontEnd: X11 -- failed to connect to the panel daemon!

Amish Rughoonundon (RIT Student) axr0284 at rit.edu
Fri Dec 3 15:12:28 PST 2004

Hi
 I used pkg-config --modversion gtk+-2.0 to check if gtk+2 was installed but I got a negative response. I then checked the package manager and it showed that gtk+2-2.2.4-i486-1(This is the devel package if I am not mistaken. I forgot to say that I am using the Slackware distribution so it may not matter which package I use) as well as gtk+-1.2.10-i386-3 was installed. I was wondering if installing a fresh version of gtk+2.4 would solve the problem or not. Thanks for you time
Amish