[SCIM] Inputting tone-correct Pinyin (not characters) with SCIM

Kenichi Handa handa at m17n.org
Mon Dec 6 22:31:09 PST 2004

In article <41B4D2EA.6030209 at jiawen.net>, Rachel Kronick <rachel_kronick at jiawen.net> writes:

> That looks great! Thank you for posting it. It works very well under
> Firefox and Firefox: lǚsè Ní Jiāwén.

That's good.  If you have any suggestion to improve the
behaviour, please feel free to write to me.  I'm going to
include it in the next release of m17n-db.

> However, under OO.o, the m17n IMs
> don't come up -- only the basic Zhineng Pinyin, etc. show up. Is there
> someplace I need to make  OO.o aware of the other input methods?

In which locale, have you tried?

Even after restarting scim, with LANG=ja_JP.eucJP (my
default), I can select only a few m17n-based input method
(ja-xxx) with OO.o.  But, with LANG=ja_JP.UTF-8, I can
select all m17n-based input methods including zh-pinyin.

It's surely strange.

---
Ken'ichi HANDA
handa at m17n.org