[SCIM] gtk IM & reset ...

Dan Williams dcbw at redhat.com
Mon Dec 13 08:59:21 PST 2004

On Tue, 2004-12-14 at 00:54 +0800, Zhe Su wrote:
> Hi,
>   I found that when using gtk immodule, OOo will not ignore the key
> release events which have no corresponding key press events. This will
> cause strange behaviour when using some scim imengines which will
> forward the key release events back to client instead of just
> swallowing them. For example scim-m17n and scim-anthy.
>   I think this should be fix in OOo side, because other apps don't
> have such behaviour.

That's mainly because GTK+ ignores key release events in these cases
AFAIK.  OOo needs them to forward along to other objects and listeners,
it is really a tookit too.

However, the solution in place in at least the Fedora Core packages and
upstream OpenOffice.org 2.0 is to keep a list of the last 10 _filtered_
key press events or so and to swallow corresponding key release events
as they come in, so we've already done that.  Michael, are you using
that code?

Dan