[SCIM] Some suggestions for SCIM

UTUMI Hirosi utuhiro78 at yahoo.co.jp
Thu Dec 16 08:16:56 PST 2004

Hi,

I have some suggestions for SCIM.

1. scim-m17n: I want to toggle m17n engines with the status
Choose "uim-m17n-zh-py" and press shift+space.
We can toggle m17n engines, and the status is displayed as O/o.
(= On/Off)

Choose "M17N-zh-py" and press shift+space.
We can't toggle m17n engines, and the status is not dispalyed.

2. We need to set a font for the candidate window
We can choose SCIM's system font by scim-setup,
but we can't choose a font for the candidate window.
"AR PL Mingti2L Big5" will not show Japanese characters, and
"Sazanami Gothic" will not show Chinese characters.

I know Cybercjk.ttf includes all unicode characters, but
it is not beautiful for me. :-p

So we need to choose a font *per IM Module* for the candidate window.
(example)
---
Module         |enable/disable    |a font for the candidate window
Anthy           |x                         |Sazanami Gothic (default=SCIM's system font)
M17N-zh-py |x                         |AR PL SungtiL GB (default=SCIM's system font)
---

What do you think about it?

Thanks.
Hirosi