[SCIM] Japanese translation almost finished

Yukiko Bando ybando at k6.dion.ne.jp
Thu Jul 1 15:37:32 PDT 2004

Hello,

I translated 95% of scim.pot and just uploaded it to my webspace.  Any
suggestions, corrections of errors would be appreciated.  There are a few
strings that I was not able to understand and translated almost literally...

The file is available from:
http://www.h4.dion.ne.jp/~apricots/files/scim.ja_JP.mo.tar.gz

Please untar and copy it into /usr/share/locale/ja(or the like)/LC_MESSAGES as
scim.mo and see if it's acceptable.

I would also appreciate it if someone can suggest me the most commonly used
Japanese terms for the following.

1. Forward Key (vs. Commit Key)

   #: modules/SetupUI/scim_table_imengine_setup.cpp:1517
   The key strokes to forward inputed string to client.

2. Forward Mode vs. Input Mode

   #: modules/IMEngine/scim_table_imengine.cpp:302
   Switch between Forward/Input mode

3. String view,  Scroll offset, Draw cursor etc.

   #: utils/scimstringview.c:232
   msgid "Draw cursor"

   #: utils/scimstringview.c:248
   msgid "Forward button press event"
   #: utils/scimstringview.c:249
   msgid "TRUE forward button press event to user program."

   #: utils/scimstringview.c:264
   msgid "Width in chars"
   #: utils/scimstringview.c:265
   msgid "Number of characters to leave space for in the string view."

   #: utils/scimstringview.c:274
   msgid "Scroll offset"
   #: utils/scimstringview.c:275
   msgid "Number of pixels of the string view scrolled off the screen to
   the left"

4. What is 'orientation of the tray'?
   #: utils/scimtrayicon.c:109
   msgid "The orientation of the tray."