[SCIM] Re: [immodule-qt] qt-immodule for scim is available in SVN

LiuCougar liucougar at gmail.com
Mon Jul 5 18:09:40 PDT 2004

On Tue, 6 Jul 2004 09:04:02 +0800, Zhe Su <james.su at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Tue, 6 Jul 2004 00:42:37 +0000, LiuCougar <liucougar at gmail.com> wrote:
> > On Tue, 6 Jul 2004 08:31:19 +0800, Zhe Su <james.su at gmail.com> wrote:
> > > 1. Press ctrl+space twice without releasing the ctrl key, the second
> > > key press won't take effact. This issue is also available for other
> > > similar key bindings.
> > Yeap, this is a known issue. I will try to fix it later.
> >
> > Another embarrasing key related issue is that: Qt can not distinguish
> > left and right modifier keys! Increditible, isn't it? However it IS
> > true. So currently, in qtimm I take it for granted that the user
> > always use the left modifer keys. Do you have any ideas?
> >

> Ok.
I am afraid I can not come up with a method to fix this issue, because
Qt does not always send the modifier key release event properly....

> This is time based issue. If I run edittest and quit immediately, it
> will always segfault. But if I use it for longer time, it maybe quit
> without any problem.
I can quit it immediately after it starts up, and exit cleanly.

> It likes a thread related issue. Maybe has something to do with my
> system, linux 2.6 + nptl.

I am still stick with 2.4 standard kernel. However, qt-imm does not
use any thread features... (you can see that from the source)