License/Patent clarity? [Was: Re: [SCIM] SCIM and Wubi

Hideki Hiura hiura at openi18n.org
Mon Jul 5 18:10:13 PDT 2004

> From: Zhe Su <james.su at gmail.com>
> Hi,
>   Wubi has two version, Wubi 86 and Wubi 98. They are two different
> patents. Wubi 86 has expired since 2000. The Wubi table in
> scim-tables-zh is a Wubi 86 table. So it has no patent issue.

Wow! Thank you very much for the accurate info!
Now the reasons I've got conflicting info are clearly explainable.
The one I was unable to opensource must be Wubi 98.

Thanks!
--
hiura@{freestandards.org,OpenI18N.org,li18nux.org,unicode.org,sun.com}
Chair, OpenI18N.org/The Free Standards Group          http://www.OpenI18N.org