[SCIM] Loading 97 tables on startup

James Su suzhe at tsinghua.org.cn
Mon Jul 5 23:05:45 PDT 2004

First, you should turn off m17n support in uim, which can reduce the
number to 68.
Second, loading m17n, rawcode, table and uim modules should be very
fast. pinyin module is a little slow. I'll improve pinyin module to
support load on demand feature in order to speedup the load process.
Third, you can disable unused module by command line option, for example:

scim -ne pinyin -d

to not load pinyin module.

Maybe I can implement a setup module to let user config which modules
should be loaded.

Regards
James Su