scim-chinese (was Re: [SCIM] errors during make)

Ming Hua minghua at rice.edu
Fri Jul 9 15:25:37 PDT 2004

On Fri, Jul 09, 2004 at 06:05:13PM -0400, Jun Chen wrote:
> I can see the pinyin module if I run scim -l, however, it doesn't
> appear in the input method table. Weird ....

Where did you install everything?  I have the vague idea that
scim-chinese has to be installed in /usr to work properly.  I heard many
stories like this, but never confirmed such a bug.

Just try reinstalling everything (including scim) in /usr by
    $ ./configure --prefix=/usr --sysconfdir=/etc
and see what happens.  (Remember to uninstall your previous ones first.)

Hope this helps,
Ming
2004.07.09