[SCIM] Can anyone revise my doc for newbies?

Nicolás Velásquez O. spidyno at yahoo.es
Mon Jul 19 08:42:41 PDT 2004

Hello there,

First of all, thank you for the info.

As you say in the page, I edited /etc/scim/global, and
added /SupportedUnicodeLocales = en_US.UTF-8,es_CO.UTF-8. Then on a
bash I run:
/usr/local/bin/scim -d
export GTK_IM_MODULE=scim
export XIM_PROGRAM="scim -d"
export XMODIFIERS="@im=SCIM"

When I open kwrite or any other kde app Japanese works nice.

The problem is: The Spanish accents stop working.

Is there something I can do about it??

By the way my LANG and LC_ALL are es_CO.UTF-8.