[SCIM] Can anyone revise my doc for newbies?

Hideki Hiura hiura at openi18n.org
Mon Jul 19 09:58:52 PDT 2004

> From: James Su <suzhe at tsinghua.org.cn>
>   Because the compose key and XIM can not be used together in XFree86

I thought they would, after both X.org and XFree86 adopted to the
XI18N we've released in 2000.

The compose mechanism in X is extended to allow switching local IM and
remote IM back and forth.

It may just be a configuration?...otherwise implementation bug
upon porting is another possibility..

Although IIIMF no longer uses X's compose mecanism but use its own
integrated compose mechanism, this extended X's Compose mechanism is
still usable via htt_xbe (scim-xim equivalent in IIIMF) as it appears
as just XIM.

--
hiura@{freestandards.org,OpenI18N.org,li18nux.org,unicode.org,sun.com}
Chair, OpenI18N.org/The Free Standards Group          http://www.OpenI18N.org