Fwd: Re: [SCIM] Built-in support of compose keys is available.

Yukiko Bando ybando at k6.dion.ne.jp
Fri Jul 23 14:54:54 PDT 2004

Hi,

On Saturday 24 July 2004 01:27, James Su wrote:
>   I had finished the first stage of BackEnd refactory. And the
> transparent compose keys support had also been implemented. Could you
> please try the newest CVS code, and give me feedback?

I could compose ALL the characters on my chart in both gedit and kwrite!
I had to use the ugly Helvetica font to display all of them in the latter,
though.  ;)

I thought I'd have to turn off SCIM with Ctrl+Space to use dead keys,
but I was wrong.  They worked in the ASCII mode of input methods. I tried it
with uim-anthy, uim-skk and smart pinyin.  It's just great!  I'm sure users
in many European countries will be delighted with the next release.

I'll update my page when scim-0.99.5 hits Mandrake's mirrors. :)

Thank you so much for your work!

Yukiko