[SCIM] SCIM on kde does not work with firefox

Kitae neeum at yahoo.com
Thu Nov 4 12:13:10 PST 2004

Hi,

On Thu, 2004-11-04 at 11:34 +0000, Mark Marszal wrote:
> Hi everyone. None of your ideas worked. I recompiled firefox and it

do you use --enable-default-toolkit=gtk2  for firfox or mozilla?
if not you can't use your firfox with GTK_IM_MOULE=

And, first.
Start two xterm or other terminal.
on xterm and type
locale
check locale setting is correct.
type
"set | grep -i scim"
check setting is correct.
If all is correct,
do
kill -9 $(ps aux | grep [s]cim | awk '{print $2}')
and restart
scim -d

and in other xterm
type
"firefox"
try to attache scim  with trigger key.

If still don't use scim then,
What message or error show those two terminal?